Call for Special Issue Proposals for The Law Teacher: The International Journal of Legal Education 2024 and 2025
The Editorial Board of The Law Teacher: The International Journal of Legal Education invites proposals for special issues to be published in 2024 and 2025.
The Law Teacher: The International Journal of Legal Education publishes high quality research on legal education. The journal is particularly interested in reporting pedagogical developments, grounded in theory and effectively researched and analysed and/or the results of empirical research into matters of concern to law teachers. The successful proposal is likely to include articles from different jurisdictions including from the Global South.
A proposed special issue will typically include 7 articles of approximately 6000 words in length together with a guest editorial. The successful Guest Editor(s) will work with the editorial team towards the production of a special issue and will be responsible for the production process including organising the submissions of contributions, peer review and, if appropriate, revision of contributions. Decisions on final acceptances will remain with the Law Teacher Editor.
Special Issue proposals should include the following:
- A suggested title.
- Proposed aims, scope, and rationale, giving an overview of the intended focus and a list of the topics to be covered. This should include the overarching discussions to which the articles contribute and the themes which bring them together.
- An outline of the proposed articles, together with the names and contact details of the contributing authors and/or details of any proposed Call for Papers. A clear statement that named authors have agreed to participate in principle should also accompany the proposal.
- A list of the Guest Editor(s) including names, contact details, affiliations, brief biographical details and any previous editorial experience. It is expected that the proposed editor or editorial team will bring editing experience and have standing in the area proposed for the special issue.
- A proposed timeline for submission.
- A proposed word limit – special issues should be between 40,000 and 50,000 words in total (including footnotes and references).
Applications should be submitted to the Co-Deputy Editor of The Law Teacher: The International Journal of Legal Education, Dr Emma Jones by email to email@example.com by the closing date of 31st May 2023. Any queries should also be addressed to Dr Jones.
The Law Teacher is the journal of the Association of Law Teachers “Passionate about legal learning”